Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Final Project

 For a final project, we need to make a series of objects out of clay (objects, platters, etc.) and integrate art and life in a way that is meaningful to us and I picked a camera  as final object for this assignment.  I picked a camera because of its capability of capturing precious memories in my life.  Besides my brain, which contains all of my memories since I was born, I have another vessel to preserve memories that I can see as well.
My idea was to create a film camera out of clay.  An issue I had with building this was the size of the camera lens.  The lens is too small for the body of the camera.

A bird's eye view of the camera.


A side view of the camera.

Due to the small size of the lens, I decided to rebuild the lens onto the body.  The pictures below show the change in size of the lens and a few details added.

This is the rebuilt camera with a bigger lens.  Due to the change the body and lens look proportional to each other.  Beside the size change, details have been added to the camera as well.


This is an arial view of the new camera.


This is the side view of the camera.  More functions of the camera was added.

The pictures below also show the forms films for the camera.


In my original idea, I wanted to take the middle of the film and paint a picture of the memories that stand out to me the most in my life; However, due to the limited time period I was only able to write out the specific occasion onto the films.  





No comments:

Post a Comment