Friday, April 5, 2013

1960-Present Contemporary Ceramic Artists ( Matthew Chambers)

Matthew Chambers
The link that leads to the photos: http://www.ceramicsnow.org/tagged/Matthew+Chambers+Ceramics


This is the image that caught my attention as I was looking for artists to research.  This reminds me of a camera's lens.  

This work reminds me of a robot's eye.




Matthew began his journey in 1993 with a training in handmade tableware with Philip Wood in Nunney, the Somerset villiage where he grew up. His other education began in 1999 at Bath School of Art, followed with an MA at the Royal College of Art in London from 2002. He currently lives and makes on the Isle of Wight after moving there on a residency at Quay Arts in 2004.

His artworks stood out to me because of his use of repetition as well 3-dimensional art.  I picked Matthew Chambers' art to relate to mine because of the forms he makes.  For my final project I am making an old film Canon camera and when I saw these works I though that this style would be great to incorporate as lenses of the camera.  The lens of a camera is the most important part because it controls the focus and light of a picture.  The repetition of circles shows depth and would be a great representation of the lens of a camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment